A 17-year-old boy who was abducted by kidnappers has been rescued by the Ogun State Community, Social Orientation and Safety Corps, codenamed So-Safe Corps.
In a press statement issued from the Office of the State Commander of the Corps, Commander (Dr) Soji Ganzallo, says on Tuesday 30, January, 2024 one Sunday Iboin reported at Olorunda Post of the Corps that his son, Otohu Moses, was kidnapped at Olorunsogo Community, Olorunda in Abeokuta North Local Government Area at about 10.15pm on Monday 29th January, 2024 while he went out to ease himself at the back of the house.
“When Sunday could not see his son return on time, he called his phone number several times and a man picked it and told him in Yoruba language that his son had been kidnapped already”, the statement noted.
Ganzallo said that the father also said the suspected kidnappers were asking for the ransom of One million, five hundred thousand naira, (₦1,500,000).
It was revealed further that the victim’s father told the Corps, he suspected one of his neighbour to have masterminded the kidnapping.
“The operational team of the Corps strategised, swung into action and then took war to the alleged suspected kidnappers in the forest, some kilometres away from the point of kidnapping and the boy was rescued unhurt, though with marks of cane on his body while the three armed kidnappers sighted escaped with one motorcycle.
The rescued victim has been transferred to the Nigeria Police Force, Imala Divisional Police Headquarters for further investigation”, Ganzallo said